Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Stuck in a problem connecting 8020 with subwoofer

linea, modified 6 Years ago.

Stuck in a problem connecting 8020 with subwoofer

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 10/7/15 Recent Posts
I am stuck in a problem connecting two 8020a with non Genelec subwoofer
I regularly connect 8020´s to the AD converter Apogee Duet, and that work like a charm!

Next, I bought a female XLR to 3,5mm cable. I made connection with the right monitor (output)
to the subwoofer input (Altec subwoofer has only one input 3.5mm stereo connector),

but there is no any sound !?!

I need advice, what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks !
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Stuck in a problem connecting 8020 with subwoofer

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

It may be that the signal is not suitable for the Altec subwoofer. Our speakers are designed to work with Genelec subwoofers.

Hello Ilkka,
thanks for the quick response. I am aware that the Genelec monitors designed to work within the Genelec systems, actually very soon I will buy Genelec sub, but now I need a solution because I'm in the middle of the project.

If the input is a stereo 3.5mm on subwoofer, do I have to send dual XLR to 3.5 mm cable
and whether the output from the single 8020a mono or stereo?

Thanks for your time
Best..
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
The output is mono because it's only one channel. But it shouldn't matter if your subwoofer has stereo or mono input. I believe it's some other problem.

ok

thanks for the answer.

best