Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Indicator flashes red 8250

eyescan, modified 6 Years ago.

Indicator flashes red 8250

Youngling Posts: 6 Join Date: 7/9/15 Recent Posts
Hello I´ve got 2 problems with my Genelec 8250 och my GLM 2.0.4

The indicator flashes red sometimes on my Genelec 8250.
I use the Oppo BDP-105EU (blu-ray) connected with coax output through Neutrik NADITBNC-M via XLR-cabels to my 8250.
The GLM 2.0.4 is also connected.
The red light seems to flash when there is a lot of intensity in the music, which seems right. BUT the strange thing is that it is the same problem if I play high(strong) or low(soft) output from the GLM.

I have tried to change my Oppo to another Blu-ray and the same problem occur.

When I calibrate my 8250 with the GLM 2.0.4 it takes away all the bass. I´ve tried a several times and the same problem occurs.

Genelec 8250
Oppo BDP-105EU
GLM 2.0.4
Neutrik NADIBNC-M

/Niklas
1038, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Indicator flashes red 8250

Jedi Master Posts: 340 Join Date: 4/6/09 Recent Posts
The LED flashes red for numerous reasons, but if it is happening at low volume the red LED is probably signaling that the input level is to high.

In regards to "taking away all the bass" it only takes away bass that is generated by the room, now for domestic use you may want a little more bass, it is easily done by editing the filters for each speaker. Can you please attach screen shots of your filters... To do this simply double click a speaker and a window will pop open showing you the frequency plot, resize the window to a reasonable size and do a screen capture then post it here, it will look something like this..

ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts

When I calibrate my 8250 with the GLM 2.0.4 it takes away all the bass. I´ve tried a several times and the same problem occurs.

Are you using Mac or PC? We have noticed some signal recording problems on some Mac computers. Can you share the calibration result screen so that I could look at the curves?
eyescan, modified 4 Years ago.

I can´t se how the signal could be to high.
I´m using a Mac.
And here is the screenshot.

It is not too high signal but the recording is missing some information from the beginning of the sweep which makes the high frequencies to appear attenuated. Then the calibration algorithm attenuates the bass to compensate.

Do you have an active USB hub that you could use with the GLM network adapter. Typically this has cured the problem.
eyescan, modified 6 Years ago.

Ok, I´ve got the active USB and the Calibration and it seems to work. Thanks!

But I´ve still got the trouble with the flashing indicator.

Thanks so far!

Ok, I´ve got the active USB and the Calibration and it seems to work. Thanks!

But I´ve still got the trouble with the flashing indicator.

Thanks so far!

Flashing indicator is normal operation. It indicates that the digital level of the signal is very close to clipping (0 dBFS) which is typical for modern loudness war era music.