Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Power up "blip"

autobam, modified 6 Years ago.

Power up "blip"

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 9/4/15 Recent Posts
Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum!

I've got a new pair of 8030B this week and I love them.
Really perfect for my small room/studio. I'm completely satisfying!

Maybe I'm little bit anxious :?
but I'm wondering if the little "blip" or "pop" they make every time I turn them on is normal.
The blip has different tone on both speaker more high pitched on the left and little bit lower on the right.

Turn them down is supersilent. :D

Thanks!
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Power up "blip"

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the forum! That little sound you are hearing during power up is completely normal, nothing to worry about. :)
autobam, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Power up "blip"

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 9/4/15 Recent Posts
Ok,
that sounds very good!

Thanks for the support and the quick reply.

Cheers!