Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Placement and stands for M040

perbra, modified 6 Years ago.

Placement and stands for M040

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 8/26/15 Recent Posts
Hi Genelec. I have had my M040 for a week now. Now I want to optimize the placement and stands. I have the monitors in a bedroom which I use for office and studio. Now I want to narrow down so they will be placed 30 degrees from listening position and get the monitors closer. I have a typical desk. What would you do to get the best possible sound?
Place them on a stand behind the table with pads?
On a tilted stand on the table with isoAcoustic stands (do they fit)?
On a straight table stand with pads?

regards
per
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Placement and stands for M040

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Per,

I would recommend placing them quite close to you, meaning on the table and lift them up either with our stands and IsoPads or for example the IsoAcoustic stands. Please see this thread for one user with isoAcoustic stands: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1200&p=4374
perbra, modified 6 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 8/26/15 Recent Posts
Hi Ilkka
With close I you mean aprox. 1 m right?
Due to the special shape of the M040 I was not sure about the IsoAcoustics stand, but I guess the 155 will fit.
I have tried to find a Genelec stand for M040, but I do not find anything except for the isopad. Where can I find Genelec stands to be used for M040 and where to buy?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Yes, 1 meter is good distance.

For example Genelec 8000-406 stand accompanied with IsoPads will fit M040 speakers. You can google for online dealers or contact your local distributor: http://www.genelec.com/where-buy