Message Boards

Digital Source with Volume Control for Genelec DSP speakers

hansi, modified 6 Years ago.

Digital Source with Volume Control for Genelec DSP speakers

Youngling Posts: 13 Join Date: 6/8/13 Recent Posts
Hi All,
i'm currently using a Tact RCS 2.0 as digital preamp / volume control in my stereo system together with a Raumfeld Connector for playing music from my NAS. Thereby i have an all-digital chain from the NAS to my 8250s.
Now i found that the CocktailAudio X40 (http://www.cocktailaudio.com/overview_x40.php) should just do everything i need in one box. So i ask mysef whether i should replace my bunch of devices by this single box.
Is anybody here who has the X40 or has any experience with it? Is the volume control good enough or should i stick to the wireless remote which will work with the GLM 2.0 kit i'm expecting to receive soon from the Trade-In programme (btw: thanks to Genelec for this oportunity!) ?
Thanks for your opinions!
Markus
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Digital Source with Volume Control for Genelec DSP speak

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Markus,

I am sorry but I don't have experience with the CocktailAudio X40 but it looks very nice. Hopefully others will chime in. Maybe Google can offer you some comments from other users?
joerggermany, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Digital Source with Volume Control for Genelec DSP speak

Padawan Posts: 36 Join Date: 12/23/13 Recent Posts
Hi Markus,

the x40 is OK with its digital Volume Control, but the web based Streaming interface is
odd.

Your Tact with a streamer ist the better way i think. I use a Lyngdordf Dpa1 with an HifiBerry pi II with Sqeezeplayer software.

Gruß Jörg