Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Tricks to Flush mounting my M030

bluekid, modified 7 Years ago.

Tricks to Flush mounting my M030

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 7/18/15 Recent Posts
Hello:

I'm building my control room. I've got the oportunnity to flush mount the loudspeaker. I have a M030 and i'm thinking about to buy 2 subwoofers.

Can you give any advice to flush mount easily?

Thank you.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: Tricks to Flush mounting my M030

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

I am not sure if there is an easy way to flush mount, it always requires more fabrication than for example free standing installation.

You should take a look at our accessories brochure where we offer special flush mount kits (page 13) for our 8000 series speakers. Although they won't exactly match with the M series speakers, the idea is the same with the exception that since the M series bass reflex ports are located at the bottom of the speaker, the front cover should have an opening there instead of above the speaker like in those 8000 series kits.

www.genelec.fi/documents/catalogues/Gen ... ochure.pdf
bluekid, modified 7 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 7/18/15 Recent Posts
First of all, thank you for your answer.

Then, is gonna be acoustically correct to flush mount with that kits? I think that there's gonna be fine.

And I think that the best options is the flush mount kit for the 8030/8130 because the size.

In the last place, where can I buy it?

So many thanks!
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
First of all, thank you for your answer.

Then, is gonna be acoustically correct to flush mount with that kits? I think that there's gonna be fine.

And I think that the best options is the flush mount kit for the 8030/8130 because the size.

In the last place, where can I buy it?

So many thanks!

Hi,

Those kits are suitable only for our 8000 series speakers (more accurately 8x40, 8x50 and 8260), they are not suitable for M series speakers. You will need to fabricate them yourself using the same basic idea.