Message Boards

Griffen Powermate and GLM2.0.4

essi, modified 6 Years ago.

Griffen Powermate and GLM2.0.4

Youngling Posts: 15 Join Date: 2/24/12 Recent Posts
was excited to get my new GLM kit other day but something always has to go wrong it seems my power mate which i used to control my GLM1.5 is no longer working with new GLM software has anyone managed to get theirs working or is it simply not supported anymore :(
christophe-anet, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Griffen Powermate and GLM2.0.4

Jedi Knight Posts: 188 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. You are correct, the Griffin power mate is not supported any longer as the complete Network Interface had to be redesigned from ground up.

The new GLM 2.0 Network Adapter is supporting wired and wireless Genelec volume controllers. The 9310A wired volume controller is sold as part of each SAM System bundle pack. The wireless remote control is an option.

Best regards,
popdv, modified 6 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 32 Join Date: 6/26/11 Recent Posts
Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. You are correct, the Griffin power mate is not supported any longer as the complete Network Interface had to be redesigned from ground up.

The new GLM 2.0 Network Adapter is supporting wired and wireless Genelec volume controllers. The 9310A wired volume controller is sold as part of each SAM System bundle pack. The wireless remote control is an option.
Best regards,

remember that not all new SAM monitors has 9310A wired in the pack: in example 8351a. And your volume controller are very limited device: only volume control, not additional buttons that can be assigned for additional command like change group, mute, dim.
:x
essi, modified 6 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 15 Join Date: 2/24/12 Recent Posts
Hello,

Best regards,

remember that not all new SAM monitors has 9310A wired in the pack: in example 8351a. And your volume controller are very limited device: only volume control, not additional buttons that can be assigned for additional command like change group, mute, dim.
:x

yeh one of the major things i miss since the upgrade especially since i was used to A/B with my other set of monitors maybe in future a better controller will be introduced
chakshu, modified 6 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 43 Join Date: 2/10/14 Recent Posts
Yes.

We definitely need a much better controller.

At least for changing between 5 GLM settings, mute and volume. Volume presets I don't care so much for but some might need it for reference.
limesoft, modified 6 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 11 Join Date: 7/3/15 Recent Posts
It would be fantastic to be able to map remote control to GLM2.0 - changing the groups, dimming via remote would be very valuable, even if it means having to keep GLM software open.

Perhaps a mobile app that interfaces with GLM2.0 desktop app and allows for control wirelessly? - I am a mobile app developer, I can do this for you if you expose some GLM apis ;)
tesla, modified 6 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 16 Join Date: 11/18/09 Recent Posts
I downloaded the Powermate app and was able to at least gain control over GLM 2.0.5's volume.

In the power mate app you can control ANY functions of any app that uses key commands. GLM uses the up and down arrow for volume up and down so I mapped these to the power mate scroll left and right for volume control....

So, If Genelec would create key commands for the other features in GLM we would be able control these as we wish with the power mate software.

I'd really like to have a key command for the mute button personally.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
So, If Genelec would create key commands for the other features in GLM we would be able control these as we wish with the power mate software.

Thank you, I have forwarded your message to our SW development team! :)
jjay, modified 5 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 14 Join Date: 12/18/13 Recent Posts
I downloaded the Powermate app and was able to at least gain control over GLM 2.0.5's volume.

In the power mate app you can control ANY functions of any app that uses key commands. GLM uses the up and down arrow for volume up and down so I mapped these to the power mate scroll left and right for volume control....

Agree 100%.... should have read the fine print before upgrading. Couldn't believe that the PowerMate was no longer supported.

Anything to support adding the mute function seem critical.

I am curious, are you using the power mate software on a Mac or PC? On the PC, (W8.1), if focus is taken away from GLM, the up/down arrows no longer functions, I will have to dig in further. Nothing obvious why this would happen. Need to dig into instructions.
digipete, modified 5 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 99 Join Date: 6/18/11 Recent Posts

+1 :-)
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi all,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we take it very seriously! As you may have noticed, Powermate already works with limited functions in Mac OS X and will are working hard to update the functionality as well as add the support for PC/Windows, hopefully already in 2.0.7 which is scheduled to go out soon.
jjay, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: Griffen Powermate and GLM2.0.4 (2.1.0 update).

Youngling Posts: 14 Join Date: 12/18/13 Recent Posts
I know this is old. Just downloaded 2.1.0 and was pleasantly surprised that the Griffen Powermate is now supported again.

My only issue now with W10; either my powermate has gone bad or there is another issue with W10.

The powermate is recognized when connnected, however after a reboot/restart my system hangs during the loading/login process.

If I unplug the Powermate Windows will startup fine.

I have also had some issues with my iLOK so there is something on the USB system that isn't right.

I've switched back to the Genelec control knob in the meantime until a new Powermate arrives.

Other than that 2.1.0 seems to be working fine with my system.