The Genelec Remote Control 9101AM is listed to be compatible with:
Genelec 7350A
Genelec 8320A
Genelec 8320APM-PA
Genelec 8330A
Genelec 8330APM-PA
Genelec 8330AWM-PA
Genelec 8351

Is it also compatible with 82xx and 12xx-series if those are connected with the GML 2.0 unit?
The volume has a standby-button - can the 1238a be sent to standby even when the computer is running?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Genelec Remote Control 9101AM

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Yes, both the wireless and wired volume controls are compatible with all speakers and subwoofers that are compatible with the GLM 2.0 (82xx, 12xx and 72xx series). The third button works as a mute function. There is no standby function available. Speakers can't be sent to standby if the GLM network is connected and the GLM software is running.
nekrophile, modified 6 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 8 Join Date: 3/3/15 Recent Posts
Is there more info on this remote listed anywhere? Loving my 8330 and 7350 combo but it be would great to have a physical mute button.

Is there more info on this remote listed anywhere? Loving my 8330 and 7350 combo but it be would great to have a physical mute button.

You can find pictures of it by using google search but unfortunately we don't have a specific product page for it because it's a accessory. What sort of information would you like to have?
ensoniq, modified 6 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 47 Join Date: 5/30/15 Recent Posts
A question to Genelec people. Is this remote Volume controll digital ? I know that with digital V Control bits will be reduced which causes resolution issues.

"If you implement volume control in the digital domain, every 6dB of attenuation results in the loss of one bit of resolution. If you play back music music with 24-bit bit depth, then all volume control results in irrecoverable loss of data via bit-depth reduction. " (bitperfect technical comment on their web page)

thanks for clarification

What is the quality of digital audio when attenuated using Genelec volume control?

It is well known that attenuation of the digital audio signal in a DSP processor decreases the number of significant bits representing the data. This is called quantization. Coarse quantization (very few bits representing the data) can lead to distortion if the data is not processed properly

There is a standard technology that eliminates this quantization distortion in digital signal processing. This technology is called dithering. Genelec uses proper dithering at the volume control operation to ensure that the signal after the volume control is a perfectly linear digital audio signal, and no distortion is generated. There is no increase in the audible or measurable distortion level in Genelec DSP loudspeakers and subwoofers when the volume is reduced, and the signal maintains its original linearity and smoothness. The only audible consequence of lowering the volume setting is that the sound level decreases.

What is needed to properly implement digital volume control?

Genelec uses the best electronic components, high quality design standards, and maintains wide dynamic range and large word length at all signal processing steps to ensure uncompromised linearity. Furthermore, proper dithering is applied as a part of signal processing to guarantee linearity of the whole digital audio processing chain. During the product development Genelec has conducted extensive testing to ensure linearity under all operating conditions and control settings.
ensoniq, modified 6 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 47 Join Date: 5/30/15 Recent Posts
Hi Ilkka, thanks for clarification
bourne, modified 6 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 74 Join Date: 2/26/14 Recent Posts

There is no standby function available. Speakers can't be sent to standby if the GLM network is connected and the GLM software is running.

As mentioned in the other thread, my remote does not work, therefore I can't try, however, I want to point to the manual that comes with the 9101, it states:

Switch the monitors and subwoofers to stand-by mode by pushing and holding the POWER/STANDBY button down until the power indicator LED switches off.

There is no standby function available. Speakers can't be sent to standby if the GLM network is connected and the GLM software is running.

As mentioned in the other thread, my remote does not work, therefore I can't try, however, I want to point to the manual that comes with the 9101, it states:

Switch the monitors and subwoofers to stand-by mode by pushing and holding the POWER/STANDBY button down until the power indicator LED switches off.

Hi,

It is not clearly stated on the manual, but that statement is valid only for F One, F Two, 5051A and 6000A speakers and subwoofers which work with the same remote controller. It is not valid for SAM speakers and subwoofers connected via the GLM network.
bourne, modified 6 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 74 Join Date: 2/26/14 Recent Posts
Thanks for the clarification, then the text in the manual ist wrong. Would be very useful, at least with my typical usage...