Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Connection between two Genelec 8260a

raindog, modified 7 Years ago.

Connection between two Genelec 8260a

Padawan Posts: 33 Join Date: 7/19/13 Recent Posts
Dear all, good day.
I have a question for you. I have a couple of 8260a connected with a weiss INT202 with his remote for digital pre.
I connect in with "double wire" configuration and all the file are upsampled to 176 192hz before going thruough the interface. Last week i connect my 8260a using an RME HDSPe Aio AES/EBU port to my left speakers and then through the bypass port of this speaker i connect the right speaker, playing a file test L/R test signal i can hear on both speakers the same signal, like they wa put in mono mode... I do not use GLM!
Is it normal? I made some mistakes?

Thank you in advanced.
Stefano.
udayan, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: Connection between two Genelec 8260a

Padawan Posts: 38 Join Date: 6/6/13 Recent Posts
Hello,

You have to sélect the AES Channel reproduced by each 8260 in using dip switches located at the back of the speaker...

See page 5 of the following doc :

http://www.genelec.com/download.php?pag ... _opman.pdf

Udayan
raindog, modified 7 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 33 Join Date: 7/19/13 Recent Posts
Thank you Udayan.
klaus, modified 7 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 10 Join Date: 4/2/10 Recent Posts
Hi Stefano,

I had the same Problems after updating the INT 202 to Firmware 2.x.x
The dual wire mode works only with the older Versions 1.x.x!
So you can only use the single wire mode or switch to an older Firmware,
for more informations please contact Mr. Weiss or send me a PM.

Klaus