Message Boards

8040a - had all dips on by accident - is it a problem?

ilikesound, modified 4 Years ago.

8040a - had all dips on by accident - is it a problem?

Youngling Posts: 9 Join Date: 2/24/11 Recent Posts
Hello,

I made a mistake and had the -6 and -4 dips simultaneously on my my Genelec 8040a and the desktop control (see picture, note it's only a mockup not the actual picture). I discovered it today while I wanted to switch them all off for room measurement - and you guess what... instead of switching them all off I switched them all on. I noticed it due to the very reduced bass response with this setting.

After that clumsiness I've set up all my dips from the 8040 fine.

But I'm interested if these above mentioned settings are a problem and if it could lead damage from the 8040 when you have more than one "switch" on (in my case also all switches...) simultaneously for the bass-roll off and/or bass tilt?

Best regards
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: 8040a - had all dips on by accident - is it a problem?

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

No damage was being made, don't worry at all! :)
ilikesound, modified 6 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 9 Join Date: 2/24/11 Recent Posts
Thanks for the answer. It's so nice as a costumer to have such a nice and responsive forum!

Just out of interest, are the filters just combined when you have more than one on (for example the -6 and -4), or will the result just be an odd behaviour? 8-)
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Thank you for the compliments! :)

Filters will add up but the result isn't an exact sum of individual filters. Therefore we recommend to use only one at a time.