Message Boards

ht 208

zhou, modified 4 Years ago.

ht 208

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 2/25/15 Recent Posts
Hi

i get two single HT208a,the serial number,one is: 031H001106 ,and other one is: HT208 PM2001355,
Obvious,different batches.Can be used as one pair?

i bring those speaker to a decent studio which have a pair of 1031.same setting(flat),By comparison,my HT208 lack of low-frequency,in same sensitivity setting,HT208 seem not loud as 1031.

i heard HT208 is just the same 1031,right? why my HT208 sound isn't as good as 1031?
maybe i need replace new woofers?

thanks

ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: ht 208

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Speakers with different manufacturing dates can be used as a pair, no problem at all.

HT208 and 1031 should have identical frequency response. By looking at your frequency response measurements, it looks like two speakers (assuming those are HT208?) have their bass roll-off settings engaged and one speakers has a treble tilt setting engaged. Are you 100% positive all settings are flat?
zhou, modified 4 Years ago.

Thanks
This is one speaker's frequency response,the top of the line is "flat",the other is bass roll-off,bass tilt,treble tilt...but i did not test every one.I think the most important is "flat".i upload other one's frequency response,different SPL,
frequency response measurements VS my feeling ,is the same,lack of some low-frequency.

Can you measure both HT208 and 1031 with flat settings? All four should show same frequency responses.
zhou, modified 6 Years ago.

I can only bring my speakers to a Anechoic chamber(sorry my english,am i right?)
my ht208 is 120/230v,but here mains is 220v,this will influence the amp?

any way,i bring it to studio again,on same loudness(but different sensitivity setting),sound is more same.but same sensitivity setting,ht208 sound is weak.

woofer aging can cause this situation?

220 volts doesn't cause any problems, the speaker will work just fine.

Woofer ageing can slightly change the frequency response but your measurements look perfectly normal, so I don't think it is the problem here. If you say that by matching their loudness the sound is the same, then what is the problem any more?
zhou, modified 6 Years ago.

just found a problem today,when i listen band- The Black Keys - Tighten Up,the bass intro,i guess note is #F,50hz maybe,two Woofer noisy when loud,but is not too loud...when the other Instruments came in,noisy gone.

i didn't find that problem until i listen that song,and only the bass intro,two woofer noisy.

Please contact your local distributor for a service request: http://www.genelec.com/shop/distributors-network/