Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Need info for small HT

magicvinny, modified 7 Years ago.

Need info for small HT

Youngling Posts: 10 Join Date: 2/2/15 Recent Posts
I have a dedicated HT wich is 3.60m x 4.50m.

For now I have the Klipsch THX U2 speakers but want to go for Genelec speakers. I don't want to do big construction works so I have to see that the dimensions of the Klipsch and Genelec's are more or less the same.

For surround I will use the AIW26 (4) as I have inwalls now too.

My problem is the front speakers. They will go behind an AT screen and MLP is about 3.80m. Wich of these 2 would be the best solution: "the 1032B or 1037C"???
The 1037C is a 3-way speaker but would this be overkill in such a "small" HT?

Any advice is welcome....
1038, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: Need info for small HT

Jedi Master Posts: 340 Join Date: 4/6/09 Recent Posts
I'd recommend 1038CF or 1238CF, these will give you the highest output compact solution, but they must be used with a subwoofer...... A good one....

To be honest on your room size, you could also look at 8250 or the new 8351 as well, these all have Balanced XLR inputs, does your processor have balanced outputs??

The benefit of Genelec's SAM monitors is overwhelming, i'd strongly recommend either 8200, 8300 or 1200 series products.

Steve,

Thanks for your reply and info!

I would like to try to stretch my budget and go for a Datasat LS10(otherwise Marantz AV8802).

If you say that the 8351 would be an option isn't there a problem with the port at the rear? Remember that
they will go in some kind of baffle wall. I can put them in the cut out i have from the Klipsch speakers. So they will not be totally enclosed.

Will the 8351 be OK to use with the AIW26?

Nobody?
1038, modified 7 Years ago.

Jedi Master Posts: 340 Join Date: 4/6/09 Recent Posts
Sorry, busy with work...

You need about 5cm clearance for the rear ported models, so shouldn't be a problem, and no worries about using them with AIW26's. There are many systems using much larger fronts with AIW26's.

Thanks Steve!
jacovn, modified 7 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 14 Join Date: 7/26/14 Recent Posts
I use 8040 and 8030 units in a small room with a HTS4B sub. There is plenty headroom, it can go louder than i need.
Some 8040 units are mounted few cm from wall, and the 8030 speakers are ceiling mounted for Atmos.
I use a Maratnz AV7702.

Before this i had a Meridian DSP setup with a 861v6 driving it, but i scaled down, and besides the huge write off i did i am still happy i made the move.
Sound field with Atmos or DSU engaged is much more 3D than it ever was.