Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

What's the model name of the GLM hardware for 8330/7350?

thesky555, modified 7 Years ago.

What's the model name of the GLM hardware for 8330/7350?

Padawan Posts: 48 Join Date: 1/26/15 Recent Posts
In online shops it is very difficult to find the hardware controller needed for the new 8300/7300 system to work.

There are no suggested bundled packages, there are no links. Also I can't find the model name in Genelec's documentation.

I need the GLM 2.0 software, yes, but I also need some hardware. What is it, and at what price?

Thank you
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: What's the model name of the GLM hardware for 8330/7350?

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

8300-601 New GLM™ 2.0 Genelec Loudspeaker Manager User Kit
GLM™ Genelec Loudspeaker Manager kit featuring AutoCal™ includes;
Quick Connection Guide, GLM™ Network Adapter, USB cable, Genelec 8300A Calibration microphone and holder for 3/8 in and 5/8 in. GLM 2.0 software is available for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.The software is also compatible with most older Windows Vista and XP versions with the latest service packs. GLM 2.0 software is downloaded from Genelec web site.

RRP is 400 EUR + VAT (please contact your local distributor for more accurate price information)

Thank you, Ilkka!

Apparently, this product is not imported into Germany, Denmark, United Kingdom, nor most of Europe. It is almost impossible to get hold of.

Can you tell me where I can buy it? Finland?

Can you please tell me the name of additional cables I might need to buy, in order to connect two 7350A subwoofers to this unit?

I just did a Google search for "8300-601 Genelec". Only 23 (!!!) hits came up for this product. And they are nearly all dead links. In the entire world the new GLM 2.0 User Kit seems to be for sale only in TWO stores. Both of them are in USA.

Hi,

Our product are distributed to over 60 countries but because this item was published only very recently, not many online stores list it yet. I am sure the availability will improve greatly in the coming weeks. Also we operate mainly through brick and mortar stores but we don't have a distributor in Malta. I will find out tomorrow who is your nearest distributor.

I was able to find one online shop in UK: http://www.visuals.co.uk/4045164-8300601.html

Can you please tell me the name of additional cables I might need to buy, in order to connect two 7350A subwoofers to this unit?

You need only standard XLR cables.

Yes, XLR cables for the audio signal.
But don't I need separate cables to connect the loudspeaker manager to the subwoofers?

Yes, XLR cables for the audio signal.
But don't I need separate cables to connect the loudspeaker manager to the subwoofers?

Yes, standard Cat5e network cables which are supplied with the subwoofers.

Thanks.