Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

8040B auto switch off

mbash, modified 7 Years ago.

8040B auto switch off

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 4/20/14 Recent Posts
Can I turn off the auto switch off?

Maurice

Re: 8040B auto switch off

I think I've found the answer to my own question.
My build date is 8/13 so I miss out by two months!
It's really annoying, I sit quite close so have the volume down low a lot of the time.
Is there nothing I can do?
Insert rant about software controlling our lives.

Maurice

So having answered myself, I would like to know if this ability can be updated by software.

Maurice
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
So having answered myself, I would like to know if this ability can be updated by software.

Maurice

Hello,

Technically it is of course possible to update the software and remove the auto switch off, but it can't be done by the customer because it requires a special tool and the speaker needs to be opened. For that you would need to send the units to our factory.