Message Boards

GLM 2 and MacOS support?

matrixproaudio, modified 7 Years ago.

GLM 2 and MacOS support?

Youngling Posts: 8 Join Date: 2/24/11 Recent Posts
Hi,
Just bought the new Genelec SAM 8330 kit with GLM 2 package.When can we download a GLM V.2 version for MacOS 10.8.x?
Are there beta versions available to try out?

Regards

Frank
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: GLM 2 and MacOS support?

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1459&p=4739#p4739

Q: Any news on when a MAC version will be available?
A: The Apple Macintosh version of GLM 2.0 software will be available in Q1 2015.

????
Running a Windows free enviroment here.
So that means either buying a PC,or install Paralells and Windows on one of the Mac┼Ť.
Running all digital here,and as long as there is no dipswitches on the 8330,it is not possible to set the AES/EBU channel ,volume and all other things without the GLM2 software.
That was not cool.

Hope you can provide a beta version soon.

Just wanted to say that I got GLM2 up and running on Parallel Desktop with Windows 7.
Setup and calibration went well,group settings written to speakers went wel.But Autocal has to be bypassed or quitted when playing something on the speakers.Running all Digital here.When Autocal is active,all the bass is gone,and there is only sounds from about 10Khz and up going to the speakers.When I bypass or Quit Autocal,everything is just fine.Is this a bug,or could it be something with the combination MacOS 10.8.5,Parallel Desktop and Windows 7 maybe?

Have to say that I am really amazed by the sound from these speakers after calibration with GLM2.
Very nice indeed.
just went from Genelec 8250 because to much bass,and 8330 is more comfortable in this room,20m2.

Regards

Frank
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Hi Frank,

That problem of yours sounds really strange, actually I don't quite understand what you mean by "quit AutoCal". What exactly do you quit then?

We have just released a new version of the GLM 2.0 sofware: http://www.community.genelec.com/software/glm-2/

I suggest you download and install it. Let's see then if you still experience this problem.

By the way, where are you located?
matrixproaudio, modified 4 Years ago.

Hi Ilkka,
Thanks for reply.

I have been testing all day today.It seems that there is something really wrong either with the Microphone,or the GLM Software.When I bypass Autocal,or press the powerswitch for 10 seconds,it is all back to normal.
I can send you a screen dump of the eq and filter setting after a calibration.The numbers are really crazy.

I am in Norway.

I will try the new version later today.

Regards

Frank
philp, modified 6 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 1/1/15 Recent Posts
I've just got a pair of 8330s and I get a similar result. A massive peak in the room response at around 100hz - off the top of the graph and autocal comes up with similar numbers to Franks. The Autocal result is unusable with no bass. Bypass it and the bass comes back. It seems a software issue as we both get the same result.

Using the latest GLM2 on a virtual box windows 7 VM on a mac pro.

Ill try a real windows PC later but I doubt thats the problem.
philp, modified 6 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 1/1/15 Recent Posts
I got out an old windows laptop running windows 7 Pro.

GLM2 worked perfectly with accurate room measurements and a very nice set of autocal parameters.

I repeated the test using the virtual machine on the mac. This gave unusable results.

The problem appears to be linked to virtualisation so until the mac version of GLM comes out it looks like using a real windows pc is the best option.

Phil.
matrixproaudio, modified 6 Years ago.

Anyone with MacOS 10.8.5 on MacPro 5.1 that get the same problems with the MacOS GLM Beta 04 version,as on the Parallels and Windows 7 Version?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Anyone with MacOS 10.8.5 on MacPro 5.1 that get the same problems with the MacOS GLM Beta 04 version,as on the Parallels and Windows 7 Version?

Hi Frank,

What sort of problems do you mean? I believe the official release version of the GLM 2.0 for Mac OS X will clear many issues and bugs.
matrixproaudio, modified 6 Years ago.

Hi Ilkka,

I have the same problems even now with the release version v2.04 together with the 8330.
There is a big peak at around 100Hz,and no bass at all after optimizing.I Bypass Autocall,and all back to normal factory setting.Also the"store factory settings to the 8330"does not work.Have to do this physicly by the power switch method on both speakers.

Regards

Frank
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Hi Phil and Frank,

We have noticed that in some cases the USB stream recording between the computer and the GLM adapter goes wrong and it causes these fully looking frequency response curves. This happens mostly on Macs (either native or parallels). In most cases problem has went away by using a USB hub to connect the adapter. This would be my recommendation for you both to try.