Message Boards

Genelec 8040 noise

jayb, modified 7 Years ago.

Genelec 8040 noise

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 11/24/14 Recent Posts
Hi there,

In one of my two genelec speakers (8040) when I’m powering on the speaker after 3 to 10 seconds I’m hearing a strange noise like bubbles popping. The sound is similar to when using hand washing powder to wash clothes, if you place the ears close enough you hear bubbles popping. Any ideas?

Re: Genelec 8040 noise

It would be nice to have a quicker respond from genelec!
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
"The Genelec Community Forum is mainly meant for conversations between users, but authorized Genelec staff can take part in conversations from time to time. In case you have a technical problem with your product that requires service or maintenance, please contact your local distributor's service center for advice and support first."

http://www.genelec.com/shop/distributors-network/

"The Genelec Community Forum is mainly meant for conversations between users, but authorized Genelec staff can take part in conversations from time to time. In case you have a technical problem with your product that requires service or maintenance, please contact your local distributor's service center for advice and support first."

The last 48 hours the noise has been disappeared and I think it’s very strange too. I’ll keep my eye-ear on it and if it’ll start again I’ll take it for service.
Does it ring any bells the noise I described above? I’m very curious to know what this might be.

Hey Ilkka,

The last seven days I’m monitoring the loudspeaker and there are days that it is quiet/normal but other days it starts that bubble popping sound for very short periods, about 5 to 15 seconds.
Today started to popping again systematically, I mean started popping for 10seconds - silence after a minute or two - then started again. This happened about 6 to 10 times.

The popping sound is not loud but very low, although audible. I’ve disconnected the audio signal to check if it is interference from my soudcard or cables but the popping sound was there even when it was disconnected.

Does it ring any bells what this might be?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

It doesn't ring a bell i.e. it isn't anything I could help you with. Please contact your local distributor for a service request. Your speakers need professional service.