Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

H312A & Mains cable & Factory Paint question

gagarin, modified 7 Years ago.

H312A & Mains cable & Factory Paint question

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 11/9/14 Recent Posts
Dear Ilkka Rissanen!

I am Gagarin from Hungary. First of all execuse for my poor english. Hope you don't
mind i am asking You in private about the Genelec products i ve just purchased a few days
ago. Namely:

3 Genelec HT312A
2 Genelec HT206B
1 Genelec 7071A

First of all i compared the Genelec HT 312A's specification with the 1037C series and i
was surprised that it was identical. Would you be so kind to tell me is there any difference in terms of sound quality / image between HT312A (Home theater audio) and 1037C (professional)? Any advantage on HT312A? I d like to use it in my home studio enviroment.

I bought these as used and also get the mains (power) cable of them. Most of them
seems to me "cheap" and non of the 6 looks the same. :roll:
All of them are from different manufacturer. Please tell me the exact mains cable of the items above, because i dont want to do any harm to them. On all of my cables are written they can be used with maximum 16 amperage.

One of my HT312A's speaker top is slightly scratched (i can see the colour of the chipboard). Do you have any advice how i could renovate the surface of it? Do you have
any specific colour code / factory paint , painting advice / method to renovate HT312A ? Could you advice any person who have skill in renovation and would able to send me some information about it for me?

At last but not least these speakers were not in use for a longer time. They are in perfect
condition but i would like to know is there any special maintenance before i would start to
use them again. Removing dust from inside , any advice to cleaning speakers from outside? Any maintenance on the speaker cone? All in all i would like to be a happy Genelec user for a long time and i would like to get some first hand infomation and tips.

I also tried to figure out my questions in the forum and in the manual as well but i was not
able to find the informations which i need.

Dear Genelec thanks for reading.
Waiting for your reply!

Regards
Gagarin
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: H312A & Mains cable & Factory Paint question

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Dear Gagarin,

I noticed you have already received answers to your question through our customer support email. We have also asked our Hungarian distributor to contact you for more information.

Best regards,