Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

9000a + 5040a volume control issue

milkandcream, modified 8 Years ago.

9000a + 5040a volume control issue

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 9/30/14 Recent Posts
Hi,

I havea 9000a volume control and a 5040a subwoofer combined with a pair of 8040 speakers. The problem is that there is something wrong with the volume control; the volume seems to jump up and down as there were some problem with the connections. I have checked the volume control cable and it does not seem to be damaged.

Do you have any clue what this could be about and what should I do about it?

Br,

Ilkka
ilkka-rissanen, modified 8 Years ago.

Re: 9000a + 5040a volume control issue

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Are you sure that you have 9000A and not the system volume controller that comes with the 5040A and looks exactly same as the 9000A except for the connection? Does it have one 3.5mm male jack connector?

Well ok, yes this one has just one 3,5 mm male connector.

Just out of curiosity, how is this system working together? There is a 10 dB input sensitivity gain difference between the subwoofer and the speakers so your subwoofer will be playing at much lower level than your speakers.

When it comes to the system volume controller problems, I recommend that the controller is being replaced as it seems that it is somehow damaged.

I'm not very good with the technical details but as a music lover at this point I'm still really impressed about the sound quality of 8040s. The setup is temporary until I move to my bigger apartment but generally I think the sub gives just the right boost to the sound. If I compare it with the 8020s I had before there was a clear gap in the sound range but with this setup the sound is way better.

How can I replace the volume controller? I mean what is the model number and can it be repaired?

If you live in Finland, please contact service (at) genelec.com and ask for this product, code 5040A-400. If you live anywhere else, please contact your local distributor.

If your subwoofer is still under warranty, replacement will be free of charge.
andreast, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: Re: 9000a + 5040a volume control issue

Youngling Posts: 0 Join Date: 2/20/19 Recent Posts

Hi,

I have a genelec 5040a subwoofer.The 5040 400 genelec volume control( that no longer works for me,the volume seems to jump up and down ) can be replaced with Genelec 9310AM?. https://www.thomann.de/es/genelec_9310am.htm

Thanks ,

Andreas

jani-oksanen, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: 9000a + 5040a volume control issue

Jedi Master Posts: 449 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts

Hello,

Yes, the 5040 volume controller can be replaced with the 9310AM.

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
​​​​​​​Customer Support Team