Message Boards

M040 and delay on powering up

tool2279, modified 7 Years ago.

M040 and delay on powering up

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 8/24/14 Recent Posts
Hi all. It is my very first post and i really hope someone would help me.
I have a M040 monitors connected to Audiolab 8200 CDQ, it's a cd player/pre combo, i use balanced xlr female to male cables.
I had this system for about two months now, never had a problem until now. For the last couple of days i noticed it takes my M040 between 10-15 seconds to activate from stand by. Before there was no problem, they always detected signal straight away and activated within 1-2 seconds.
So what's happened then? I don't know wheather this is a problem with Genelecs or with my Audiolab pre. If the speakers were faulty, is it possible that both of them developed the same fault? In the begining they always started together aftertwo seconds, now they activate also together but after 10-15 seconds, they always start at the same time.
I also tried and swaped cables, i have used rca output but to the same result, they activated after ten seconds.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion.
Tom
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: M040 and delay on powering up

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Tom,

Have you changed any settings at all? Could you test to power cycle your speaker through the power switch? Do they still take long time to activate?
tool2279, modified 7 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 8/24/14 Recent Posts
Hi. Man, you're genius. I have recently changed the level from very low to high so i had to turn the volume down because the change made the speakers sound louder. It seems to me like the incoming signal was not just strong enough thus making it harder for speakers to detect it. Am i right? Anyway, i went back to low level, turn the volume up a little bit and it worked, two seconds, bang! Thank you, you're the man. Congratulation on a great product, guys, your brand is amazing. I will never go back to passive speakers again, never, i recommend Genelec to a lot of people. Cheers! Tom
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Yes, that is exactly what happened there. I am glad you were able to figure it out so quickly. :) Thank you for the compliments! Cheers!