Message Boards

8020C Power cable fuse

sheditor, modified 7 Years ago.

8020C Power cable fuse

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 8/13/14 Recent Posts
I have a pair of 8020C monitors which use IEC/kettle leads, as do my pair of Dell screens. I had to unplug all four units, and now am not 100% sure which IEC leads are for which - there are two with 5 amp fuses and two with 13amp fuses. What amperage fuse do the 8020Cs take? I have a feeling it is 13amp, but wanted to double check.

Thanks in advance
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: 8020C Power cable fuse

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

it's 13 amp.
sheditor, modified 7 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 8/13/14 Recent Posts
Thanks for the quick response!
fredlupin, modified 7 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 6/23/11 Recent Posts
I have the same kind of issue with one of my 8020a; I sent an email to the french sav (audiopole, according to the internet, so it was not obvious to find it...) No answer till last week...
I wonder if it s only the fuse, or the whole power supply that we 'd have to change, but in any case, i won t be able to wait weeks; i might have to replace it either with a 8020 cpm (is it a problem to "mix one new" gear with one older;)
to finish the work. I know we are not supposed to open the speaker by ourselves, but what could i do if there is no SAV around?
Thanks for giving your tips and advices...
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
I have the same kind of issue with one of my 8020a; I sent an email to the french sav (audiopole, according to the internet, so it was not obvious to find it...) No answer till last week...
I wonder if it s only the fuse, or the whole power supply that we 'd have to change, but in any case, i won t be able to wait weeks; i might have to replace it either with a 8020 cpm (is it a problem to "mix one new" gear with one older;)
to finish the work. I know we are not supposed to open the speaker by ourselves, but what could i do if there is no SAV around?
Thanks for giving your tips and advices...

Hi,

Please contact yann.matte [at] audiopole.fr

You should get a reply quick regarding a service. It is not allowed nor recommended to open up the speaker yourself.

If you need to replace the speaker, it is no problem to mix newer revisions (B or C) with the older ones because the sound quality hasn't changed at all.