Message Boards

5.1 6010B with a 5040B with strange saturation problems

parquei, modified 7 Years ago.

5.1 6010B with a 5040B with strange saturation problems

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 8/27/14 Recent Posts
Hello everyone. We just acquired a 5.1 system consisting of 5 6010B and a 5040B subwoofer. The system works great with low amplitude signals, but as soon as a signal goes up -4dBfs, Some saturation strat to sound, even on a speaker that should be silent. If I place a -2dBfs signal on the subwoofer input, several of the speakers start to saturate badly, and the same occurs when I place the same signal to the rear inputs, some noise starts coming out other speakers, and that happens even if I turn the system volume totally down! I need some help! Thanks!
parquei, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: 5.1 6010B with a 5040B with strange saturation problems

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 8/27/14 Recent Posts
Ok, I found the problem. It was matter of inconsistend impedances. I was connecting a balanced output +4dBu to the input of the woofer which is -10dBV. I changed the impedance in the soundcard output and that solved it.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: 5.1 6010B with a 5040B with strange saturation problems

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

I am glad you were able to figure out and solve the problem already. Actually it's not about the impedance but the signal level (voltage) instead. +4 dBu output gives too strong signal which then overloads the subwoofer and speakers.