Message Boards

7050 is keeping making sound

ionchalk, modified 7 Years ago.

7050 is keeping making sound

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 11/18/12 Recent Posts
I am a film editor but I'm doing sound design from time to time. My system comprise of Mbox pro 3rd generation - 3X 8020 LCR - 2x 6010 Ls Rs and the 7050. I was away for 5 months, and now I realized that my sub is producing audible sound when the sensitivity is around +3 and over, no matter the rest of the parts are on or off. Is this normal? Is it caused by any cable that is not grounded properly? Any suggestions things I could check?
Meanwhile I turn the sensitivity to +12 although for my protools sessions needs to be all the way to -6

Thanks in advance
Yannis
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: 7050 is keeping making sound

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Yannis,

How about if you unplug all cables except power from the subwoofer, does it still produce the noise? If it's silent, then start plugging in cables one by one and see which one causes the noise.
ionchalk, modified 7 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 11/18/12 Recent Posts
Thanks for you reply

The problem solved!
Actually I did exactly this by unplugging and replugging all the cables. I found two cables that they were making the noise. I still haven't figure out though why.
According to my Volt - Ohm meter both were ok. I tried to solder new ones but same thing happened. Accidentally found 2 cables readymade and no noise. Isn't that strange?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
It sounds really strange but glad you were able to figure it out! :)