Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Sub 7270a question for standalone usage.

raindog, modified 8 Years ago.

Sub 7270a question for standalone usage.

Padawan Posts: 33 Join Date: 7/19/13 Recent Posts
Dear
i'm driving my 8260a with a 7070a sub.
Changing to a new 7270a without using GLM is it possible?
The chain will be:

PC Win8 with RME HDSPe AIO, AES/EBU out to 7270a, AES OUT to speakers.
In this case the sub cut the frequency to 85HZ and send the rest to the satellite?

Re: Sub 7270a question for standalone usage.

Hello nobody can help me?
Thank you.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 8 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

Of course it's possible to use a 7270A subwoofer without the GLM, you just need to set up all controls manually via dip switches. Naturally no AutoCal room calibration will be performed. May I ask why you wouldn't like to use GLM with that magnificent setup? You are missing a great deal of its potential running it without digital room calibration. :(

Hi Ilkka
thank you. I don't want to use GLM because i also own Dirac Live http://www.dirac.se/en/consumer-products/dirac-rcs.aspx and i don't want to spend other money for another DRC, i also own IK Multimedia ARC 2...

Maybe in the future...