Message Boards

8050 Blown tweeter

fxs58, modified 7 Years ago.

8050 Blown tweeter

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 6/7/14 Recent Posts
Hi everybody,

Have a pair of Genies 8050, one tweeter died on me, it wasn't even loud!!!! the official repair service here in Chile has sent Genelec tweeters for repair locally before, with the obvious consequence, (can anybody recoil a tweeter with good results?)

tried to contact them once about importing some spare tweeters or replacement diaphragms, to no avail, although I love my 8050s and 1038A genelecs, being a pro studio owner in Chile were you can't find spares for anything, I need to be able to buy spares and have them in stock, so if one of my tweeters go, I can replace it straight away, and keep mixing, no loudspeaker is immune to blown tweeters,

So the question is

Where can I buy some spare tweeters or replacement diaphragms online in a hurry, so I can carry on mixing.

The speed( or lack of it), makes the chilean rep not an option,

Hoping to find a solution

Cheers from Chile

Francisco Straub
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: 8050 Blown tweeter

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Francisco,

I am sorry to hear about your problems with our speakers. It should be an extremely rare occasion when a driver gets defected, and for sure one shouldn't need to store spare units!

Unfortunately it is not possible to buy spare tweeters or replacement diaphragms online because these units are special models made just for us, they are available only through Genelec.

We can contact our distributor in Chile to speed up the process of delivering a replacement tweeter to you.