Message Boards

1030a and HT206B

fariborz, modified 7 Years ago.

1030a and HT206B

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 5/19/14 Recent Posts
Hello. I am sorry if this might be a repeat question but I am quite new to this forum and could not find any specific reference to this question.

I am setting up my own studio and would like to get a pair of 1030A monitors. Looking around the web and ebay, I came across Global Audio Store in France selling, much to my delight, brand new H206B monitors, stating that these are the limited edition of the 1030A monitors.

I would be grateful if you could confirm that this is in fact the case and that the H206B is not inferior in any way to the 1030A.

Thank you.

Fariborz
London
1038, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: 1030a and HT206B

Jedi Master Posts: 340 Join Date: 4/6/09 Recent Posts
the 1030 and HT206 are identical in performance, the only differences are to suit the intended market segment. The HT range have RCA inputs as well as XLR and the LED's don't show clipping, just power state and they can be turned off.

They were and are not limited editions, they are still available new, checkout Genelec's webpage, they are still listed as current. The HT208 is the same as a 1031 and is also still available.
fariborz, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: 1030a and HT206B

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 5/19/14 Recent Posts
Thanks ever so much for your detailed response. I think I will ask the Global Audio Store to correct their listing and remove the words "Limited Edition" from their listing but include your descriptive statement instead. this should avoid possible confusion as well as providing useful information.

Many thanks, once again.

Best wishes

Fariborz