Message Boards

GLM with new Mac Pro

borgbilly, modified 7 Years ago.

GLM with new Mac Pro

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 12/12/10 Recent Posts
We will soon be upgrading our studio computers to the new Mac Pros. These new computers do not have a microphone input. Without a mic input there will be no way to connect my GLM USB box to the computer. Is there a work around?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: GLM with new Mac Pro

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

I assume that you are using the old GLM interface which doesn't have a built-in sound card and therefore needs to use computer's sound card with a microphone input.

Solution is to buy the new version of the interface which has a built-in sound card so that you can plug the microphone straight to it. I recommend getting the GLM multiroom expansion package which is more affordable than the full GLM package. Difference is that there is no microphone included there, but it shouldn't be a problem since you already have the mic from the old package.

http://www.performanceaudio.com/item/ge ... 602/17607/
audiounit, modified 7 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 18 Join Date: 6/29/10 Recent Posts
Ok, great I also have this problem. So there will be no compromising on the calibration are the mic's the same in the later versions with sound card or have the mic's been upgraded as well? I Just was concerned about there being a mismatch between versions or not operating optimally, working with different versions of mic's?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Only the interface has been updated, microphones are identical.