Message Boards

Problem with 7260A subwoofer

desmusic, modified 7 Years ago.

Problem with 7260A subwoofer

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 12/22/13 Recent Posts
I've bought a pair of 8240A speakers with a 7260A and saw very strange effect.

When I turn-off subwoofer I hear a very loud "wooooh" sound about 1.5 sec., from low to high frequency and If see on driver it quite enough moves (like if I turned sub very loudly at 60-75%)

It's not cheap for me, so I want to sure that I don't need contact to service centre, moreover I have last few days when I can do it for free.

I would be very grateful If anybody ask me, how work any other same model, is this a problem?

Also I've shot a video sample where you can see how moves driver after turning off.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oys6ml1xnb3j0 ... 043134.mp4
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: Problem with 7260A subwoofer

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

That is definitely not normal behaviour. The subwoofer has a defect and needs professional service. Please contact your local distributor/service centre for more information.

http://www.genelec.com/shop/distributors-network/
desmusic, modified 7 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 12/22/13 Recent Posts
Thank you Ilkka, I'll do it necessary.

But seems it was only one 7260A in stock on my distributor and likely I can expect warranty repair instead replacement on new.

So it's normally for me, but I'm afraid a lot of such "turn-offs" could cause harm to the inner coil.

Ask please your engineers, if it could not cause harm I will be agree for repair, if not - waiting and replacement on new or refund in case if new shipment will be very long.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

I don't believe the noise would cause any damage to the driver's voice coil. But of course service should replace the whole driver if they find it being damaged. But most probably the problem lies within the electronics (filter section or power amplifier) and the driver is unharmed.