Message Boards

Genelec M030 and Guitar Modellers

friedman, modified 7 Years ago.

Genelec M030 and Guitar Modellers

Youngling Posts: 7 Join Date: 3/15/14 Recent Posts
Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting the Genelec M030 for using at home at low volumes. I plan to run a Line 6 guitar amp modelling unit through it.

I was wondering if the M030 would be suitable for this purpose? It seems that it has all the right connections but I wonder about the bass response?

The reason I like the M030 is that it's very compact and I don't have much space - it's the perfectly sized speaker for me!

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
ilkka-rissanen, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: Genelec M030 and Guitar Modellers

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Is it something like Line 6 POD 2.0 that you are planning to use? Active monitor speakers are well suited for this purpose. You can connect them straight to the POD and they will deliver enough sound pressure for your needs. Bass response, should it need tuning, can be adjusted by the room response controls found on the back side of the speaker.
friedman, modified 7 Years ago.

Re: Genelec M030 and Guitar Modellers

Youngling Posts: 7 Join Date: 3/15/14 Recent Posts
Hi,

Is it something like Line 6 POD 2.0 that you are planning to use? Active monitor speakers are well suited for this purpose. You can connect them straight to the POD and they will deliver enough sound pressure for your needs. Bass response, should it need tuning, can be adjusted by the room response controls found on the back side of the speaker.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I will be using a Boss unit, but it is exactly the same idea as the POD 2.0. I have ordered the Genelec M030 and it should be here next week.

Thank you!