Message Boards

Exact list of differences between 6010 and G One

sv-hummer, modified 8 Years ago.

Exact list of differences between 6010 and G One

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 10/17/13 Recent Posts
Hi!

Can someone from Genelec please provide the description or the list of differences between Genelec 6010 smallest professional monitors and Genelec G One smallest home speakers?

There are bits and pieces of information here and there, but I think a summary in one place would be very useful. To some extent, I guess, it will correlate with differences between G two and 8020, but I am not sure.

Are drivers (woofer and tweeter), amplifier units and enclosures the same?

Is the input sensitivity different, like in case of 8020/G Two? (+4dB vs -10dB)

What I was able to gather so far:

G One: led color white, led can be switched off; 6010: led color green, led cannot be switched off. True or false?
G One color options: glossy black, glossy white. 6010: dark grey + ????, but no glossy black... or is there?

Any other differences?

Thank you in advance! I intend to buy a pair of smaller Genelecs for home listening, and cannot decide between G Ones or 6010s. Please help!
ilkka-rissanen, modified 8 Years ago.

Re: Exact list of differences between 6010 and G One

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Input sensitivity is the same for both. Dark grey is the only colour option for the 6010B while the G One is only available in mystic black and polar white. 6010B has green LED while G One has white LED. There is no option to turn off the LED. 6010B package includes a wall bracket.
sv-hummer, modified 8 Years ago.

Re: Exact list of differences between 6010 and G One

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 10/17/13 Recent Posts
Dear Ilkka, thank you very much!

I appreciate your prompt reply. If there are no acoustical or electrical differences, I'll go for 6010b - LOVE their color! ;-)