Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

G Three switches on randomly, power line communications?

teppot, modified 9 Years ago.

G Three switches on randomly, power line communications?

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 8/16/13 Recent Posts
Hi,

I have noticed my pair of G threes are switched on all of the sudden from time to time, without any line in signal. My G Threes are connected to an av-receiver and the speakers turn on even if the av-receiver is on standby.

I wonder is this perhaps caused by automatic electricity meter reading, which is deployed with power line communications in our area. Power line communications carries data over power lines in 5-95 kHz frequency range.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: G Three switches on randomly, power line communications?

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

It is not likely that the automatic electricity meter reading is the source for this problem. It is more likely that there is some kind of signal going to the speakers even though the AV-receiver is on standby state.

Could you let me know what kind of other devices (also antennas etc.) are connected to the AV-receiver and through what kind of connection?
teppot, modified 9 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 8/16/13 Recent Posts
Hi Ilkka,

and thank you for your response. I have a oldish H/K AVR-230 AV-receiver and a cable-radio cable is connected to it, could this cause the random start-ups? The radio cable is only "analog" source cable going to the AV-receiver.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Ilkka,

and thank you for your response. I have a oldish H/K AVR-230 AV-receiver and a cable-radio cable is connected to it, could this cause the random start-ups? The radio cable is only "analog" source cable going to the AV-receiver.

"Analog" or "digital" actually doesn't matter because it depends whether devices are grounded through these connections. For example an optical (S/PDIF) connection won't ground but HDMI can.

Could you let me know the serial numbers for your G Three speakers? Stickers are located on the back side.