Message Boards

Z9000 AP professional audio quality question

subfunk, modified 8 Years ago.

Z9000 AP professional audio quality question

Youngling Posts: 9 Join Date: 8/28/09 Recent Posts
dear genelec users,

i am a convinced 8030 B user together with a high quality firewire soundcard that does not have balanced outputs in my homestudio... i am on the lookout for a passive (under 100 euro) volume knob solution such as the Z9000 AP from genelec, but wonder if it is "professional enough in terms of the audio quality", well i am a huge genelec fan and do believe in their quality, but the other option i am looking into is the SM Pro Audio Nano Patch Plus http://www.thomann.de/de/sm_pro_audio_nano_patch.htm does any of you have any experience and can tell me which one delivers the better audio quality? as i mentioned already the fact that the Z9000 AP is NOT balanced is not a big deal in my case, even at least 6.3 TRS would be nice, thou ;)

thanks a lot!
axel

Re: Z9000 AP professional audio quality question

oops sorry i have the older 8030A but don't think that makes any difference...

ANYBODY?

any thoughts or experiences if the Z9000 AP is up to par with the 8030 A ??? and a high quality firewire soundcard that doesn't have balanced outs, just RCA plugs...

thanks!
axel

*shnief* over 100 views and no one is using the Z9000 AP ??

or has any info if it is OK to use it with 8030As ?? and a high quality (the SC2) firewire soundcard...
ae-germany, modified 8 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 4/9/09 Recent Posts
Hi SubFunk,
it works when you have the right adapters. You have to check it by yourself if it is quality wise exaptable for you.