Message Boards

surge protector suggestion

sudar, modified 8 Years ago.

surge protector suggestion

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 6/25/13 Recent Posts
I have 5.1 setup with five 6020A and 7050A sub woofer
when I turn on room light or other electrical device these monitors turn ON with a click sound. Any recommended use of surge protector power outlet strips. I cant use a single rack power conditioner since they are placed in each corner need to use the nearest power outlet. I tried monster and APC power outlet...it didn't help
Any suggestion on this would be very helpful because I am worried this might cause a failure to power amp inside the speakers.
dupe, modified 8 Years ago.

Re: surge protector suggestion

Youngling Posts: 14 Join Date: 5/8/09 Recent Posts
Surge protectors are designed to filter / remove damaging transient voltage spikes. What you have from is only a minor electrical spike, surge protectors will do little / nothing for this.

Best option would be to resolve the light switch issue, could be a simple case of exchanging it to a new branded one or adding a suppressor. What lights do you have, type and load?

Dupe...
sudar, modified 8 Years ago.

Re: surge protector suggestion

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 6/25/13 Recent Posts
Thanks Dupe for your reply.....
not related to one bulb or one electrical device ...if I turn on or off any switch in my home ...these speakers get turned "ON". Not sure since these are high sensitivity speakers and picks up even small electrical interference and thinks as input signal. Did anyone come across this problem if so whats the work out for these.
Forgot to mention that i am using RCA inputs to these speakers not sure if i move to XLR balanced cable would help or not.

thanks