Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

HELP! 8020A Buzz Distorsion on right Speaker

lebrack, modified 9 Years ago.

HELP! 8020A Buzz Distorsion on right Speaker

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 6/2/13 Recent Posts
I´ve been working with them some years with no fail.
Recently I update to a new Apollo Quad and since then, (casuality?) one of the 8020A starts to sound distorted and rattling with every kick hit or low sound, clearly noticeable from 10% volume and up, while the other sounds nicely. Change the cables, change from output one to output two and change the output from the sound card from -10 to +4 and conversely, don´t resolve anything.

So I understand the problem is in one 8020A
There´s anything I can do, obviating replace the woofer?
There´re 3 little "screwdriver pots" on each speaker, what controls this?
Service repairing in Madrid Spain?

Thanks!
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: HELP! 8020A Buzz Distorsion on right Speaker

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

I does sound as if the speaker is defected and needs professional service. Have you tried to change the left and right speaker (physically)? Does the rattle/distortion then sound from the left speaker/channel?

Our distributor and service in Spain:

World Wide Global Television, S.L. (13.6 km)
Avd. De la Victoria, 95, Ctra.de El Plantio a Majadahonda, 28220 Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
T + 34 913 72 9700
W http://www.globaltv.es
E julio.orden@globaltv.es
lebrack, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: HELP! 8020A Buzz Distorsion on right Speaker

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 6/2/13 Recent Posts
Global TV! I´m a lucky man, that very near to my house. Thanks!

Answering your question, I checked it and sounds equal in every position, soooo bad.
So I´m gonna contact Global Tv. Thanks!