Message Boards

Connecting Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 to Genelec SE DSP

danz, modified 8 Years ago.

Connecting Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 to Genelec SE DSP

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 1/11/13 Recent Posts
I'm looking to get the Genelec SE DSP System Power Pak as a surround monitoring system and I'm just wondering if anyone here knows how I could connect it to my Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56. I know I can connect the Liquid Saffire as a 2.1 system with AES/EBU via the s/pdif out, but it wouldn't be able to output 5.1 signal. The only way I could think of is to get a digital converter to convert the 5.1 ADAT out of the Liquid Saffire into 3 AES/EBU outs and into the SE DSP system, could that be a feasible solution, or is there a better one? Many thanks in advance.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 8 Years ago.

Re: Connecting Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 to Genelec SE DSP

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Hopefully others can confirm but this seems to be the only feasible option.
danz, modified 8 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 1/11/13 Recent Posts
Thanks for the reply.
I suppose other options would be to get an audio interface with surround outputs in AES/EBU like the Apogee Symphony 8X8, instead of using the Liquid Saffire, or get a pci card like the RME HDSP AES 32. I think the most simple way would be just to get a format convertor although there aren't many around, I managed to find 2, RME ADI-4 DD and Mutec MC-4, will probably be going for the ADI-4 DD.
bane, modified 8 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 40 Join Date: 6/11/09 Recent Posts
Apogee Symphony I/O is ideal solution and your problem solver, I decided to buy one in next few weeks. Apogee has much better AD/DA and clock than Focusrite does.