Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

5.1 surround upgrade

orange, modified 9 Years ago.

5.1 surround upgrade

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 12/17/12 Recent Posts
Hi

I currently have a pair of 1030a and a 7060a. I'd like to upgrade to a 5.1 system......on a budget !

Can I get away with 6010a as the rear surrounds, and what would you recommend as the centre ? Bear in mind I don't need extreme volume.

Also, if I am using the 7060a as an LFE I assume I connect LFE out to LFE in on the 7060a PLUS route the individual channels though the 7060a as normal so I also have the 7060a play the low frequency of the other monitors via the bass management ?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: 5.1 surround upgrade

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi

I currently have a pair of 1030a and a 7060a. I'd like to upgrade to a 5.1 system......on a budget !

Can I get away with 6010a as the rear surrounds, and what would you recommend as the centre ? Bear in mind I don't need extreme volume.

Centre speaker should be as similar to the main speakers as possible. I would recommend HT206B as it has same acoustical performance to the 1030A.

If you don't need extreme volume levels, 6010A would be suitable option as a surround speaker.

Also, if I am using the 7060a as an LFE I assume I connect LFE out to LFE in on the 7060a PLUS route the individual channels though the 7060a as normal so I also have the 7060a play the low frequency of the other monitors via the bass management ?

Yes, that is correct!

That's great - thanks very much for the reply

is the finish on the HT206B the same as the 1031a - black with the very slighty 'textured' surface ?

and would a secondhand pair of 1029a be a better choice for a rear surround than the 6010a ?

thanks again
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
HT206B is available in black painted finish so it is not exactly the same as the black veneer finish, but you can't really tell the difference from a distance.

1029A would be a better match than 6010A.

thanks for the reply