Message Boards

Genelec 8020B or

audioscou, modified 9 Years ago.

Genelec 8020B or

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 4/19/12 Recent Posts
Can music production project be mixed on the Genelec 8020b? or is too HIFI for mixing jobs?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: Genelec 8020B or

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Based on the fact that there are probably thousands of music projects mixed on the Genelec 8020B's, I'd say the answer is yes. :) And by the way, originally HIFI comes from the words "high fidelity", but I guess during the last 10 years or so HIFI has got a totally different meaning, mainly due to low quality speakers and other equipment sold at extremely low price.
audioscou, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: Genelec 8020B or

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 4/19/12 Recent Posts
Based on the fact that there are probably thousands of music projects mixed on the Genelec 8020B's, I'd say the answer is yes. :) And by the way, originally HIFI comes from the words "high fidelity", but I guess during the last 10 years or so HIFI has got a totally different meaning, mainly due to low quality speakers and other equipment sold at extremely low price.

Thanks so much for the reply. I've been asking around for the last couple of weeks about this. The music store always seem to advise on getting an alternative 4" monitor (F.......40) which has quite a heavy build at 5.5kg. They claim that it is superior to the equivalent 8020b due to better bass, detail and transient which equals better mixing. They feel the 8020 does not have a neutral sound for mixing, and that it is only good for to listening to music.