Message Boards

GLM can't find sub and speakers. Finds Network Interface

filmlance, modified 9 Years ago.

GLM can't find sub and speakers. Finds Network Interface

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 10/5/12 Recent Posts
Hi

I have some issues over here. We have two rooms with the GLM setup and SE7261A subs. Had to replace the computer with the GLM software in one of the suits and it's is now a mac with OSX 10.8.2. It finds the network interface but there it stops, it reports 0 subs and 0 speakers. I have tested the network interface in our other suite and replaced all cables and they're all good. So either it's something with the sub and/or Mac. I did try a 10.6.x OSX too with same result.

I also noticed that the sub have an amber light on and not a green one. Have tried to lower volume on the speakers and such but it's still amber. Not sure if that's related to this though?

Cheers
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: GLM can't find sub and speakers. Finds Network Interface

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Amber light is normal, it just shows that the sub isn't part of a group yet.

Are you positive that you are using the GLM.SE software instead of GLM? They won't mix.
filmlance, modified 9 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 10/5/12 Recent Posts
Hello

Oh no. I'm rather certain about the opposite. *facepalm* :roll:

I'll try again with the correct one :?

Hi,

Amber light is normal, it just shows that the sub isn't part of a group yet.

Are you positive that you are using the GLM.SE software instead of GLM? They won't mix.
abes, modified 8 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 10/18/11 Recent Posts
Hi,
I am replying to this message in the hope I can get a quicker response rather than a new thread.

My problem is exactly the same as the heading. It finds the network interface but not my speakers.

I have been mixing on my 5.1 8240A DSP setup for the past few years with not a single problem, so I know the system is working.
Work has been quiet so I have not really used the 5.1 setup for about a month. Now when I load the GLM software, it says network is connect, but not a single speaker is showing up. I have used an ethernet checker so I know they are all ok. All the speaker lights are green, and when the sub is turned off, the speaker lights turn red than back to green. So I know they are speaking to eachother through the ethernet.

Could it be my AES\EBU leads?

I am totally lost and have more work coming up so I need to sort this asap.

Please help :(
ilkka-rissanen, modified 8 Years ago.

Hi,

I would start to debug the system like this:

-Make sure you are using the GLM software, not GLM.SE.
-Check that the network cable is connected to the 'GLM Network' connector, not 'Terminator Return'.
-Connect the network cable only to one speaker and see if the GLM finds it.
-If the speaker is found, connect a network cable from the first speaker to the second and see if GLM finds them both.
-Repeat previous step until all speakers are found.
-If the first speaker is not found, try the parallel network connector on the speaker or another speaker if that doesn't work either.

It can't be your AES/EBU cables because the GLM network doesn't communicate through them.

Hi,

I've tried all of the suggestions you made and none of them work.

I tried putting the ethernet from the network box to each individual speaker but still no luck.

Could it be the ethernet port on my network box?

Hi,

It sounds like the interface box is broken. Have you already contacted your local dealer? They should be able to provide you another box to test.

One more thing you should check is the LEDs in the interface box. The power LED should be lit continuously and the other LED should blink when ever some information is being sent to the network.

You could also try another USB cable between the box and the computer.

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

The problem was the interface box all along! :o

We know this because we tested another interface box with the system and the speakers were found.

Now the question is, how can we get another interface box, and how much would it be?

Thanks

Please contact your local dealer/distributor: http://www.genelec.com/shop/distributors-network/

Hi again, having another problem here :cry:

So we bought a new network box and the GLM system picks up 5.0 but not the sub.

Tried all the previous suggestions and now I'm totally lost as what to do next.

Do I need to change some setting on the sub or within the glm software, or could it be something to do with my mac settings in midi controller?

I know the sub works as I can test individual speakers through midi software, and when I disconnect the ethernets from the sub its showing 2.0 (which is Ls+Rs), but then when I connect both ethernets to the sub, L+C+R show and make up the 5.0 connection.

The only thing I can think of is something is wrong with the ethernet inside the sub.

Any ideas???

The Sub model is 7270A

Hi,

What exactly do you use this midi controller and software for? When you start GLM, does it report 5 speakers and 1 subwoofer? Have you created a new GLM setup since you have added a subwoofer into the system?
mts-1, modified 8 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 10/21/13 Recent Posts
Hello
I have a problem, I cant solve

When opening GLM pops up a window telling that GLM can't find network interface and it will work in demo mode.

What can be a problem?

Hello
I have a problem, I cant solve

When opening GLM pops up a window telling that GLM can't find network interface and it will work in demo mode.

What can be a problem?

Hi,

Do you have the GLM interface connected to the computer? Have you tried with different USB cable or different USB port?