Message Boards

Question about the 6010A

dav77, modified 9 Years ago.

Question about the 6010A

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 10/12/12 Recent Posts
Hi there,

I have just bought a pair of the Genelec 6010 A monitors. Unfortunately, I'm a little disappointed with the sale.

One speaker was brand new, and sealed in plastic, along with all parts. This was ok. This speaker was marked 6010R.

The other speaker was clearly opened (non-sealed). Both were matt black (or grey), but one is definitely more grey than the other one, perhaps due to age (indeed, the new one was marked Oct 11, and the opened one marked Jan 11) . The opened one was also marked 6010R.

I will be returning the opened speaker tomorrow. My question is, when buying a pair of Genelec 6010A's, should one be a 6010R, and the other a 6010L ? i.e. one for right, and one for left?

Thanks for any information.

Dav
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: Question about the 6010A

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Dav,

There are no L or R versions of the speakers, they all are the same. Where does it read 6010R?

http://www.verkkokauppa.com/files/image ... 9x3000.jpg
dav77, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: Question about the 6010A

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 10/12/12 Recent Posts
Hi Ilkka,

Thanks for your reply and confirmation of the Left \ Right question.

The 6010R can be seen on the bottom right of the speaker image you attached. It actually says -6010R, just below the RCA Input.

I got my speaker swapped over now. And happy to say enjoying using them now with my computer set up :) Nice and simple.

Thanks again,
Dav