Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Question about 5040A (with 6010A)

cygnusx-1, modified 9 Years ago.

Question about 5040A (with 6010A)

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 9/3/12 Recent Posts
Hello,

I use the 6010A for quite a while now and I am very satisfied with their sound so far, but I consider getting the 5040A subwoofer to extend the low end of the 6010As. While looking at the specs/manual of the 5040A I was wondering about the range of the subwoofer level control (Min to Max) to adjust the level of the subwoofer. How much is the difference between Min and Max? I listen at low to mid levels right now and am just looking for a discreet low end. The room's size is about 12 m² and I don't want to bother my neighbours, so I try to keep it as unobtrusive as possible. Maybe anyone has some experience with this setup to share?

Thanks in advance!

Kind greetings,

Tobias
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: Question about 5040A (with 6010A)

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello Tobias,

The difference between min and max is 18 dB which means that you have the possibility to turn the subwoofer either a little bit louder than the main speakers or turn it quite a bit lower than the main speakers. I'm certain that the level control is wide enough for your needs.
cygnusx-1, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: Question about 5040A (with 6010A)

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 9/3/12 Recent Posts
Hello Ilkka,

thank you for your answer - that sounds promising !