Message Boards

1032A troubleshooting - no sound

daveb, modified 9 Years ago.

1032A troubleshooting - no sound

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 5/14/12 Recent Posts
My 1032a's have just stopped working...

They were working fine, there were in storage for about 2 months while moving a studio, and today when hooking them up, there is no audio. Both of them! The green power indicator is on, the OL indicator is off. Everything looks fine.

I tested the source with another set of monitors and everything right to the cables works fine.

Is there perhaps a reset breaker inside the unit? Perhaps there was a power surge? They were connect for a while, unused for a few weeks before moving.

Any other troubleshooting tips?

Thanks in advance, Dave B.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: 1032A troubleshooting - no sound

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
While I am hoping that your monitors will get back running as soon as possible, I would like to remind that you should always contact your local distributor first if you are having a clear technical problem with your speakers.

"The Genelec Community Forum is mainly meant for conversations between users, but authorized Genelec staff can take part in conversations from time to time. In case you have a technical problem with your product that requires service or maintenance, please contact your local distributor's service center for advice and support first."

List of distributors: http://www.genelec.com/sales-network/