Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Subwoofer

carlitos, modified 10 Years ago.

Subwoofer

Youngling Posts: 6 Join Date: 4/9/10 Recent Posts
Hello,

I want to buy Two subwoofer,one for each room:

First Room.Acoustically treated with 56 cubic meters and genelecs 1030 and 1031.

Second Room.Acoustically treated with 38 cubic meters,and genelecs 1030 and 8050 APM.

Which is the recomended subwoofer for each room??

ThankĀ“s a lot
ilkka-rissanen, modified 10 Years ago.

Re: Subwoofer

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Based on the room size and speakers, I would recommend 7070A for the bigger room and 7060B for the smaller room.
liiasunny, modified 8 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 10/2/13 Recent Posts
I have a similar question: what is more justified to use in a room with a long and a width of 3.4 m
Genelec 8*50\8*40 or 8*30, if they buy a subwoofer.and what model subwoofer fits best under the given models of control monitors in my control room(home studio). I am a sound engineer at a recording studio and post-production.
acoustically prepared room - bass traps, early reflection, diffusers shredder, etc.

maybe its 8030 with 7050b?

and another question: does the work of the speakers on the bass traps? easier to absorb the energy of frequency 8030 + Sab, or just 8050?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 8 Years ago.

I have a similar question: what is more justified to use in a room with a long and a width of 3.4 m
Genelec 8*50\8*40 or 8*30, if they buy a subwoofer.and what model subwoofer fits best under the given models of control monitors in my control room(home studio). I am a sound engineer at a recording studio and post-production.
acoustically prepared room - bass traps, early reflection, diffusers shredder, etc.

maybe its 8030 with 7050b?

Hi,

For that sized room I would recommend either 8030B with 7050B subwoofer or 8040B with 7060B subwoofer. It mostly depends on your budget. With a bigger system you get better sound quality and higher maximum SPL capability.

and another question: does the work of the speakers on the bass traps? easier to absorb the energy of frequency 8030 + Sab, or just 8050?

If I understand your question right, bass traps will absorb energy just the same way if you are using small speakers + subwoofer or only big speakers.

Exactly! "small speakers + subwoofer or only big speakers."
what should I choose?

large monitors provide greater sound pressure, but if the goal is the quality and the linearity of the frequency range, and then all the rest.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 8 Years ago.

Exactly! "small speakers + subwoofer or only big speakers."
what should I choose?

large monitors provide greater sound pressure, but if the goal is the quality and the linearity of the frequency range, and then all the rest.

If you want my opinion, I would always select big speaker over small speakers + subwoofer because big speakers have so many advantages over the small speaker which the subwoofer can't compensate. But of course it depends on your requirements and listening habits. Do you have a possibility to demo our speakers at your local dealer? It always helps when you can listen them with your own ears.

yes, I can test all monitors, but I want just now yours sink about my question.
thank u