Message Boards

7060A settings question

musictech, modified 9 Years ago.

7060A settings question

Youngling Posts: 8 Join Date: 12/8/11 Recent Posts
hello..recently i finally bought a 7060a sub.i don't want to use it for surround,only for stereo use.
so i'd like to tell me please which is the proper settings of the following controls:
1-lfe sensivity
2-redirect
3-sum in

i inderstood that those controls doesn't affect the sound of the 7060a if i use it in stereo but..i'd like to confirm this please...:)

i'd like also to tell me tips for the placement of this sub.my speakers are unity the rocks,a sealed cabinet design with an excellent responce down to 65 hz(+- 0.5 db).is it better to place it very close to the wall??in which case should i place the port of the sub pointing to the wall??
do you think that auralex subdude is a nice..addition for this sub??thanks...

Re: 7060A settings question

..anyone??? :?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

Have you read through our quick setup guide and operating manual already? I see most if not all of your questions are answered there. :)

http://www.genelec.com/products/previous-models/7060a/

yes,i've read it...but i'd like some more explaination about the settings i asked...thanks :)
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
hello..recently i finally bought a 7060a sub.i don't want to use it for surround,only for stereo use.
so i'd like to tell me please which is the proper settings of the following controls:
1-lfe sensivity
2-redirect
3-sum in

i inderstood that those controls doesn't affect the sound of the 7060a if i use it in stereo but..i'd like to confirm this please...:)

LFE bandwidth, redirect and sum in do not have any function in stereo configuration and when using only one subwoofer. So yes, confirmed!

i'd like also to tell me tips for the placement of this sub.my speakers are unity the rocks,a sealed cabinet design with an excellent responce down to 65 hz(+- 0.5 db).is it better to place it very close to the wall??in which case should i place the port of the sub pointing to the wall??
do you think that auralex subdude is a nice..addition for this sub??thanks...

A Genelec subwoofer is best matched with a Genelec active speakers because then you can take full advantage of the 6.1 bass management system found in the subwoofer. It employs a high pass filter for the speakers which ensures a perfect match between the speakers and the subwoofer at the crossover area. You can use also other active speakers with the bass management but the end result is less predictable. But in any case I definitely recommend that your will route the signal going into the speaker through the subwoofer. The opearing manual will give you detailed instructions how to do this.

The subwoofer should be placed near a wall, less than 60 cm distance between the woofer and the wall behind it. The woofer should point away from the wall.

I have not personal experience with the Auralex subdude but the general purpose of the device is to isolate the subwoofer from the floor which can sometimes be helpful if the floor is made out of material that resonates easily. If the floor is made out of for example concrete, there is usually no need for any extra damping.