Message Boards

AutoLink not working

congsu, modified 9 Years ago.

AutoLink not working

Youngling Posts: 12 Join Date: 12/21/10 Recent Posts
Hello,

I just updated the GLM Software to the latest version 1.4.2. It's running on a Mac with Snow Leopard.

Now unfortunately AutoLink ist not working properly any more, which is very annoying.
Strangely some of the old commands are working (I used to have volume presets on Shift+Control+ Number, these are working), but some are lost (mute on Esc for example) and no matter what I try to configure in the AutoLink Interface, nothing happens at all.

Can you give me any advice?

thanks!
Philipp

Re: AutoLink not working

I have to correct me: AutoLink ist not working at all.

The volume preset commands are only working, if the GLM Software is on top of all windows. If I click to my sequencer I can't command anything.

I installed GLM on my MacBook on which I am running OS Lion. Same thing: AutoLink ist not working at all.

Please help me with this issue! It really affects my workflow.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello Philipp,

GLM Autolink has been changed because it used to have less options for different key combination which often caused conflicts with other programs.

In your case some other program is probably using the Shift + Control combination. You could try changing the 'Key Modifier' setting to 'Option + Shift'.

Hi Ilkka,

I already tried all possible combinations, but this didn't help. No reaction to any commands on my Mac.

Meanwhile I tried to install the older version of GLM, but with this AutoLink didn't even start any more. So I turned back to the 1.4.2, but still no reaction.

I wonder whether this has something to do with this XQuartz program I had to install for the GLM 1.4.2?

alright - I don't know why, but suddenly it's working. Indeed it's only working with "option + shift" although there are no programs using the "Ctrl + shift" combination. No idea where the problem was, but now everything is fine...
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Ok, good!

I was going suggest that please double check that the shortcuts are enabled. The checkboxes need to be ticked and the AutoLink program needs to be minimized in order for the shortcuts to register.