Message Boards

Noise in Just Right 8130A

john-f, modified 9 Years ago.

Noise in Just Right 8130A

Youngling Posts: 9 Join Date: 1/18/12 Recent Posts
I have a GLM SE setup with 7261A sub and 2 - 8130As. After running AutoCal using the Network Interface and Genelec Calibrated Mic, the right 8130A emits what sounds like pink noise at a very low, but noticeable level. It can be muted with the Main Page mute button. The noise is present in two setups - one made at the mixing position and one at the producer's desk. Changing from Stored to Manual Ctrls on the sub has no effect. I've powered down and up and restarted the MacPro all with no effect.

I unplugged the USB from the Network Interface and closed the GLM SE software and the noise went away. When I re-powered the Network Interface the noise wasn't there. But when I restarted the GLM SE software, the noise returned. I re-ran AutoCal again with the same result.

What can I try next?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: Noise in Just Right 8130A

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

-Is the LED orange on both speakers?
-Remove the audio cable from the subwoofer's input and check if the noise goes away?
-Change the channel selector switch on the speakers to opposite it was, i.e. A to B and B to A. Does the noise move to the other speaker?
john-f, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: Noise in Just Right 8130A

Youngling Posts: 9 Join Date: 1/18/12 Recent Posts
Thanks for your reply. Someone had left a noisy input up on the console and when removed the noise went away. Your suggestion to unplug the input to the sub led to the solution. I assumed the console was clean when clearly it wasn't. You know what they say about assuming. Many thanks.