Message Boards

AutoCal 1.4.1 hangs on MacPro 5,1 OS X 10.6.8

andy-johnson-laird, modified 4 Years ago.

AutoCal 1.4.1 hangs on MacPro 5,1 OS X 10.6.8

Youngling Posts: 13 Join Date: 12/21/10 Recent Posts
I have a pair of 8240A's and a 8260A Sub, wired as a stereo pair plus sub, single digital wire.

I'm running on a recent MacPro5,1 with 32GB of RAM, dual monitors (Wacom 21UX and Apple 30" Cinema), under OS X 10.6.8.

The speakers are working fine, but I've moved things around in the studio so I wanted to recal.

The problem is that when I attempt to recalibrate using Mic 101470, and GLM 1.4.1, I get as far as the AutoCal screen (the identify tones emanate from the correct left/right speakers), and when I enter the serial number, select SinglePoint, and (with the microphone plugged into the GLM hardware interface), click on the "P" button, the Activity bar animates, the Info window displays "uuInputCalibration" (yeah, I'm not sure what the "uu" means either?).

But then the system just hangs there for minutes....no audio, nothing appears to be happening. I can click cancel and GLM reverts to its normal display.

If I happen to hit "Return" when the system is hanging, the Info screen just displays Input Calibration every few seconds, marching down the screen...

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with AutoCal?
I'm attaching a screen shot of the system hanging.

Thanks
Andy
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: AutoCal 1.4.1 hangs on MacPro 5,1 OS X 10.6.8

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hey,

We will look into this!
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: AutoCal 1.4.1 hangs on MacPro 5,1 OS X 10.6.8

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello again,

it is an X11 compatibility problem. Please update GLM to 1.4.2 (http://www.community.genelec.com/software/)

Please notice that the installation file for Mac contains two setup files: GLM and Xquartz. They booth need to be installed.