Message Boards

GLM does not see the sound card of the Network Interface

masi, modified 9 Years ago.

GLM does not see the sound card of the Network Interface

Youngling Posts: 14 Join Date: 6/30/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

because I moved my pair of 8250 to a different location, I wanted to recalibrate the speakers with AutoCal. Did the cabling like shown on page 34 of the operating manual. When starting GLM, it detects both speakers, so the networking is ok. When launching AutoCal, it should offer three options (Manual, AutoCal using Current Default Sound Card, AutoCal using Genelec Sound Card). But I get only one option, namely the Current Default Sound Card. This is GLM 1.4.1 on a MacBook with Snow Leopard.

To crosscheck, I downloaded GLM 1.4.1 for PPC Leopard and installed it on a PowerBook G4. Here I get two options, Manual and Current Default Sound Card. The Genelec Sound Card option does not show up. I have the newer kind of network interface (number 8200-416) which should include an own sound card. What is going on? Is the device broken? It was working fine when I used it the last time (which might have been with an older version of GLM). Is there anything I can try?

Markus
las-vegas, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: GLM does not see the sound card of the Network Interface

Youngling Posts: 23 Join Date: 12/25/11 Recent Posts
Have you tried unplugging the interface and plugging it back in?

Just a thought.

LasVegas

Have you tried unplugging the interface and plugging it back in?

Yes. When disconnecting the interface, the connection to the speakers disappears. When reconnecting the interface, the connection to the speakers is reestablished. But AutoCal does still not see the sound card of the interface.

If find it even more puzzling that the "Manual" option is displayed on Leopard (PPC) but not on Snow Leopard (Intel).

Markus
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
I have the newer kind of network interface (number 8200-416) which should include an own sound card. What is going on? Is the device broken?

Hi,

Is it really a newer type of interface? The new version is 8200-416B while the old version without the built-in sound card is 8200-416.

Ooops, sorry. I made three mistakes:

[*:2rik0v0l]I thought that the last time when I did the calibration, no audio connection between network interface and computer was needed. Wrong.[/*:m:2rik0v0l]
[*:2rik0v0l]Instead of digging out the user manual that came with the GLM package, I downloaded a current version. Bad idea. In my user manual there *is* an audio connection network interface <> computer.[/*:m:2rik0v0l]
[*:2rik0v0l]The pictures mentioned in http://www.community.genelec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=489&p=1599& seemed to indicate that I have the never version of the interface, because the 8200-416 looks identical to the 8200-601. But they are different, as I understand now.[/*:m:2rik0v0l]

Thanks.

Markus