Message Boards

Genelec 8260A but bigger...

thelion, modified 9 Years ago.

Genelec 8260A but bigger...

Youngling Posts: 12 Join Date: 4/4/09 Recent Posts
At the moment we are using a multichannel setup of 5 1037C 3-ways in our screening room (~200m3). Yesterday we had the chance to put the new 8260As head to head with our monitors. To put it short: We all fell in love with the increased transparency and resolution of the coaxial design. Now we know what you mean with "improved inner detail" ;-)

Problem is in a room that large and listening from 4m distance the better dynamic headroom of the 1037C made it still the much better choice. The 8260A is an amazing Near-/Midfield (probably the best I have ever heard in that regard). I know that the market for large main monitors is very delicate at the moment and the trend is towards "smaller home studios" but moving the MDC technology up your product portfolio and offer an option for "larger" listening environments would have quite an impact in that market space. We would love Genelec to see the potential in that.

Thank you!
20hertz, modified 9 Years ago.

Re: Genelec 8260A but bigger...

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 2/15/10 Recent Posts
Is it likely that a DSP version of the 15" 3 way will become available, or replacement DSP amp modules for existing speakers?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Unfortunately I can't discuss about any upcoming products, but I do thank both of you for your feedback. :) We will review them internally and act accordingly when planning our future product roadmap.
thelion, modified 9 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 12 Join Date: 4/4/09 Recent Posts
Unfortunately I can't discuss about any upcoming products, but I do thank both of you for your feedback. :) We will review them internally and act accordingly when planning our future product roadmap.

Thats all I am asking for, Ilkka ;-) Thank you.