Message Boards

7060a sub bypass question..!

musictech, modified 10 Years ago.

7060a sub bypass question..!

Youngling Posts: 8 Join Date: 12/8/11 Recent Posts
hi.i'm thinking to buy a genelec 7060a sub from genelec.i'd like to tell me -because this function is very important for me- what is the purpose of the 1/4'' jack bypass connector and 1092-400 bypass switch.
i know that others subs with remote bypass function can mute the sub and give a full range signal to the main speakers if the remote bypass switch is pressed.i need this function because i don't want to work all the time with the sub.i just want to check sometimes what's going on the lower freqs and then listen to my monitors (with full range signal),so i need the sub to have the function i mentioned.
could you please tell me if 7060a behaves like that??if not...which is the solution to mute the sub and give full range signal to the main speakers??thanks!
ilkka-rissanen, modified 10 Years ago.

Re: 7060a sub bypass question..!

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

yes it works just as described! :)
musictech, modified 10 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 8 Join Date: 12/8/11 Recent Posts
nice!!could you pleaSE also tell me if i can do it with a common on/off pedal (like a sustain pedal) connected to the bypass jack??
ilkka-rissanen, modified 9 Years ago.

The wiring should be done so that all TRS/TS pins are connected when bypass needs to be enabled.
rick-cornish, modified 8 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 2/16/13 Recent Posts
Greetings.......
I own a 1092a sub and would like to purchase a bypass switch, but it appears that the 1092-400 is no longer available. Can you recommend a substitute?

Thank you.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 8 Years ago.

Hi Rick,

Unfortunately we do not offer a substitute for the 1092-400. Perhaps you could find a used one or maybe build one yourself? Wiring should be done so that all TRS/TS pins are connected when bypass needs to be enabled.