Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

1031A & Subwoofer 7050B / Settings DIP-switches

mrgadget, modified 11 Years ago.

1031A & Subwoofer 7050B / Settings DIP-switches

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 11/9/11 Recent Posts

today i bought the subwoofer 7050B for my pair of genelec 1031a setup.
In the manual is listed that the bass roll off switch must be switched on. But which setting of the DIP Switch at my 1031a (4 positions at the switch Bass roll-off are necessary) should be used, that the bass frequencies are not overlapping ? And what should i do with the Bass tilt switch ?
Could anyone help me ?

Best regards
ilkka-rissanen, modified 11 Years ago.

Re: 1031A & Subwoofer 7050B / Settings DIP-switches

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts

The 7050B operating manual states: "...7050B subwoofer, it can only be used with Genelec 8020A/B, 8030A, 8130A, 1029A, 2029A and 2029B active loudspeakers."

A subwoofer with an 8" woofer is too small for main speakers with 8" woofers, and also the crossover function requires one of the mentioned speaker models. Unfortunately 1031A doesn't work with 7050B properly. You should get yourself a 7060B or above (7070A, 7071A, 7073A).