Message Boards

Lose Right Hand speaker after Storing Setup

andy-johnson-laird, modified 10 Years ago.

Lose Right Hand speaker after Storing Setup

Youngling Posts: 13 Join Date: 12/21/10 Recent Posts
I have two 8240 and a 7260. I'm using GLM 1.4.0 under Snow Leopard 10.6.7.

I did an initial calibration some weeks ago when I first got the system. Everything worked fine. I stored the setup at the current master level.

However this morning, without me making any changes, the whole system's gain appeared to increase about 10 to 15dB -- I had not altered any setting nor stored a new setting. All speakers are set to used stored setting.

Now, when I start GLM and load the setup file, everything works correctly and I get both L and R speakers. However, when I store the setup in all speakers at current master level, the right hand speaker goes away entirely. The groups diagram shows both left and right speakers with a green "Ch" and they are not soloed nor are they muted.

Once the speaker has gone away, if I quit GLM and restart it, the right hand speaker comes back. Also if I power cycle the right hand speaker, it comes back.

Anyone got any idea what I might be doing wrong?

As an aside, I have noticed that, when I store setup at current master level, often the gain level from the speakers is closer to full master level -- I've tried this several times, being *very* careful to select "With Current Master Level." Something is behaving very nondeterministically in GLM.

I have tried restarting the machine (several times). I've even offered sacrifices, disemboweled a goat. I still lose the right hand speaker if I store the settings (and the goat was really pissed off).

Could the problem be with the GLM network interface?

Regards
Andy

Regards
Andy